Parent Engagement Action Teams
PEAT, or Parent Engagement Action Team is a facilitated mentor program developed by Practically Learning. The aim of this facilitated mentor program is to enable the people in your learning community, including leaders, teachers and families to come together to work on strategies to more effectively engage with each other.
The mentor program draws on research, both locally and internationally, using elements of the Dual Capacity Framework developed by Dr. Karen Mapp and
Our facilitator works with you to develop your team, providing professional learning workshops with a focus on team development, parent leadership and engagement and building the capacity of parents and teachers to build relationships and authentic partnerships in learning.
Your team will consist of school leaders, teachers, parents and there is opportunity to also work collaboratively with students.
We aim to build the capacity of the team whilst also developing ideas and strategies for whole school improvement in engaging with parents and developing genuine partnerships in learning.
Through a strategic process, we provide structure and tools and a framework for planning and implementing ideas that are purposeful and able to be evaluated.
Your school team will be unique and will have the opportunity to develop their own ideas and strategies to suit your school community. We won't provide all the answers, but will guide you through a process of understanding why and how parents and schools need to work together in partnership for the benefit of improving learning and opportunities for children.
Who is this program for?
- Primary Schools
- Secondary Schools
What we provide for your learning community:
- Facilitated workshops and professional learning for the team over a 6 month* or 12 month program*
- Understanding the vision, structure and purpose of the team
- Clearer understanding of the challenges for teachers and parents in your learning community
- Exploration of ideas and strategies for developing genuine partnerships in learning
- Planning, framework and action tools
- A CLEAR plan for ongoing development of ideas, implementation and integration into whole school culture
- Follow up mentoring day to evaluate progress
*The program you choose will depend on current knowledge of teachers and parents of parent engagement. Generally you will be in the engage and inspire phases with prior knowledge and implementation of parent engagement in your learning community.Connect With Us